Saturday, 20 March 2010

Indore and Ujjain

13th to 17th March:

My last weekend was one of the nicest I've ever had. To ask me why, I'd say I had gone to a place very important in my life. Even though I've been to these places before, I looked at them in an entirely different way this time.

How many times had I thought of going to these places. Only until march could I get a time good enough to go and visit them.

Indore, as has always been, is an upcoming city, competing with all the metros with its full mighty blow. I went to Indore after a good number of years, but anyway, in the heart of it it's still the same. Only the aura of the city has changed, and for the good..!! I could actually compare it with the all the new advancements made in New Delhi, and sometimes, to my surprise, even better.

Chappan, a very famous hangout in the city of Indore is a series of 56 shops, all set in a row, ready to serve the young and the old. Though, the scorching heat in Indore is absolutely incomparable to that of delhi, it felt nice to roam around eating kulfi and drinking Shikanji. I was also dared to drink a glass of Shikanji in one go. I thought that it would be really easy, considering the bad sun. Hence, I took up this cake-walk challenge. But, I was literally shocked to find out what it was. Instead of being a soothing and refreshing Neembu pani, as we call it here, it was nothing similar to it. It was a cold RABRI, imagine..!!! And, truly, I just could not drink it. I thanked god for makin me drink that tiny, small glass instead of the regular big size, which on that day was out of stock, all to my happiness :D. Otherwise, I would have lost, and I don't like losing at all. :P. All in all, Indore is still there in my list of cities I would never get bored of. :D

Ujjain, I just fell in love with the city the instant I entered it. It's just so calm and serene, yeah, of course, except for the even more blazing heat there. Hehe.. The city is famous for its Mahankal mandir, one of the twelve Jyotirlingas in India. I have been to only six of them.

The city is simply avalanched with temples. People are really religious there. And I could not help noticing the fact that all of this seemed to be just so amazing. I loved everything about the city, mostly because of the way I was shown around.. :D :D :D :P.

I'm never gonna forget this trip. It stays embedded in my mind forever.

2 comments:

Ladha said...

Amazing description of the place...just felt like i was there too :P...but i must say a lot of information is missing in here... :P

shweta prasad said...

Hehe, That stays missing for times to come... :P :P.. Be patient bache,...!! :P Don't worry, even that is gonna be here sometime.. :P